Tarab exists to promote the understanding of contemporary movement performance based on body to Iranian people, to promote collaboration between Iranian contemporary performers and artists all over the world, to provide a platform for creating new ideas in these artworks especially for Iranian women artists.
We do this by
- An annual international festival
- Organizing workshops
- Exhibiting contemporary arts
- Translating and publishing books
Tarab is a melting pot for eastern concepts in contemporary movement performance.
We are unique because of our way of movement choreography. The quality of movements has Iranian taste and most art works approach to Iranian classical stories in contemporary world. absolutely with learning originally and international collaboration. In this way the audiences experience a meaningful and infrequent performance.
• Collaboration with performing arts companies from all over the world
We believe that contemporary art, especially contemporary movement performance severely needs to communicate with artists from various countries and cultures. One of our most important goals is building international relationships and universal cooperating.
• Cultural Exchange with artistic collaboration
We try to achieve cultural exchange with collaboration with artists and art companies around the world. This is valuable for us that each culture has many stories to say and when the various cultures come together can get new ideas and outcome is so amazing.
• Responsibility to show Iranian women performances and facilitate their artworks
• Growth with learning from workshops in abroad and teach to Iranian artists in our workshops
We passionately continue the learning process. We are growing and we believe that this is our main way.
• Innovation in our products with using Iranian elements in contemporary movement.
This is very important for us to have innovation in choreography, movements, concept and interdisciplinary aspects. We are eager to work with innovative artists, show their artworks in our festivals, apply these performances for international festivals and introduce these artists for participating in workshops and residencies in abroad.
Art manager and executive director: Maryam Malmir
Technological director: Ali Kouzehgar
Scene designer: AmirHossien Davani
Music and sound: Ankido Darash